Saturday 2 October 2021

Hayee Rabba!-Simran Singh

Book: Hayee Rabba!
Author: Simran Singh
Publisher: Papertowns India

Have you faced a volley of questions about marriage?

Hayee Rabba! By Simran Singh is a fun, mad ride based in Amritsar. It is the story of Simran, who moved out to study in New Delhi and then goes on to work there. As time passes, a chasm starts developing between her and her high school sweetheart Angad who stayed behind to take care of his family business. As years go by, both of them are under family pressure to get married, and neither wants to take a step back to manage things. To add spice to things, the family has a crazy set of family friends who are as crazy as they come. Would they be able to sustain their love?

The plot of the book is quite well thought of. Putting a crazy set of characters in a scenario that twists and turns making it a fun read. The plot is well sketched, and it moves at a smooth pace, keeping the reader hooked. I loved how the scenarios are relatable and as a person in the same age group, I could relate to what Angad, Simran and the others were going through. The language is simple and easy to understand. The use of a third person as a narrator in certain spots acts as a fresh perspective to the events as they happen. The climax is something I didn’t expect, and I was awed by the way it turns out. My favorite part of the story were the small sub-plots unfolding at each moment and how they add volume to the central story. I would have loved to see a bit more of Angad’s story and his views which would have elevated a story a bit more.

The characters in the story are well sketched and seem very real. From the nosy relatives to persistent friends, each of the people in the story are unique and add their own flavor to the story. While Angad and Simran as the protagonists get their share of limelight, Sapna Aunty and her obsession with marriage is something that drives the story. I loved how she has given an individual shade to each person, and how each of them views the idea of marriage as. Using the societal norms, she brings to question the idea of “marriageable” age and how that affects us as people.

Overall, this is an enjoyable ride, and I would give a 4.25/5 for it.

Get a copy of the book on Amazon India here.


I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter's My Friend Alexa.

23 comments:

  1. I actually felt as though this book would make an interesting plot for a crossover film! Would love to read this one! Thanks for this informative review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review has made the book look like a yummy one

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds interesting and fun. I would love to read it. Adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the book sounds interesting, shall check.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see an interesting book is coming to get added to my TBR. Thanks for sharing your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read! Should add it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the synopsis. Seems a fun read as u said. Will read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the title and the cover and your review suggest that it is a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. It piqued the interest in the book as a review should. You kept all elements intact and the spirit of the book reflects through your writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seems like an enjoyable read after your review. #MyFriendAlexa #TinasPicks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems to be good book to read . Will definitely check

    ReplyDelete
  12. "A crazy set of characters" must be really entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your rating of the book and review are interesting. I would love to read the craziness happening in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your review makes me think that I should pick this book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a fun book. Thanks for sharing a detailed review. My daughter already has a copy. I will pick it up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rama Rama Kya hai drama! Seems like a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen the book doing rounds and it quite piqued my interest. I have a copy and hoping to get started on it soon. Thanks for sharing a detailed review.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book has so much Indian essence, I am sure we all will have a good time reading about marriage and its plans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like fun and light reads. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete