Tuesday 18 August 2020

When I Find You - Shalini P. Sawkar

Book: When I Find You
Author: Shalini P. Sawkar
Publisher: Srishti Publications


Can anger drive you to extreme actions?

When I Find You by Shalini P. Sawkar is a short thriller that explores the dark side of love and revenge as it explores the story of why Nikhil takes a last minute flight from Delhi to Bengaluru and Vidya is trying to meddle in affairs that might land her in trouble.

The story is a short read that is quite fast paced that is quite engaging. The suspense is kept till the last page of the book that makes it a good read. The core idea is played with till almost the end and that is what makes it a good read. The one thing that didn’t work for me was the length as the story had the potential to be told a bit more, which could have added a bit more spice to it. The timeline is an interesting addition to the story. The climax is left open to interpretation and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel to probably come out.

The characters are good with solid back stories. With Nikhil having shades of grey and the way they are shown is interesting. Vidya as a character seemed quite interesting as well with her snippets. I would have loved reading a bit about Eepsa as well had the story gone a bit more.

Overall, a good book that scores a 3.5/5 for me.

Get a copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment