Sunday 7 March 2021

My Little Book of Love-Priya Kumar

Book: My Little Book of Love
Author: Priya Kumar
Publisher: BooksThatInspire

What is your favourite quote about love?

My Little Book of Love is a collection of original quotes on love by Priya Kumar. A reminder of love, the quotes imbibe the feelings and expressions of love, and of warnings of what it is not. Divided into 9 parts, the quotes explore the various facets of love, and help the reader understand the very concept and the meaning of the feeling called love.

The quotes are quite well done, and are easy to remember and understand. Each collection of quotes is grouped under a common category, starting from the meaning of love to the expressions of love. The one think I liked about the book was that each chapter is prefaced with a small introduction that explains what the quotes are supposed to represent, and how to interpret them. The book is interspersed with wonderful doodles and artwork that enhance the reading experience as well. The book does not stop at giving out Priya’s quotes, but each section has a space for the reader to jot down his/her quotes, and doodles, which makes it a two-way communication rather than just a collection of sayings. Out of the 9 sections, my favourite was the one titled, “I Love You Means…”

I am awed by the concept that Priya took to pass on her message, and rather than using fables, or lengthy sermons, she uses simple examples and quotes to send her message across. The cover and the artwork is very well done, and it ties with the overall idea of the book excellently.

A recommendation from me if you like collecting quotes. The book is a 4.25/5 for me.

Get a copy of the book here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment